Escape to the woods!Newbourne Woodland Campsite
Hawthorn is our newest cabin. It is a beautifully hand crafted, oak wood cabin built by Larry and Jonno during the Winter of the 2020/21 lockdown.
Like our other cabins it is just for two, and has lovely views over the water meadow. There is a sheltered fully equipped kitchen as well as a fire pit and barbecue for romantic evenings under the stars.
As with Cherry Tree cabin you have use of the 5-star campsite washrooms just a few steps away, as well as the fridge and freezer nearby in the Elephant Shed. The comfortable divan beds can be configured as two singles or a double for couples or friends. Cosy up by the little wood burning stove on chilly evenings, and cool down under the low energy fan on hot Summer days!
The water meadow hosts all sorts of birds and wildlife – patience and a good pair of binoculars will be rewarded! Deer are often seen in the meadow and it is a good hunting ground for birds of prey.
You are welcome to bring one well-behaved dog with you, but please bring a bed and a tie-out or lead. There are lots of walks in the area, as well as dog-friendly pubs – The Fox in the village nearby being one of them!
The five star toilet and shower block is just a few steps away along with the outside washing up sinks, and there is a fridge and freezer nearby in the Elephant Shed. Hawthorn Cabin provides the outdoor life but not quite camping!
What is provided
- Two single divans with memory foam mattresses which can be put together to make a good sized double, or apart as singles for friends. There will be a mattress cover and bottom sheet on the bed.
- A couple of blankets for chilly evenings and cosy nights
- Barbecue and fire pit – logs and charcoal for sale on site
- Well equipped outdoor sheltered kitchen with 2 gas rings, kettle, saucepans and frying pan. Cutlery with tin and bottle opener, melamine crockery and glasses provided
- Hangers, hooks and cupboard and drawer space
- Easy chairs and a small table and chairs. Wooden chairs outside
- Small wood burning fire in the cabin with all tools – logs to be bought from us please
- Low energy fan to keep you cool in our Summer heatwaves!
- Fridge and freezer in the Elephant Shed
“Those who know me will know that I’m a sucker for a bit of bling! On an Indian trip a few years ago I fell in love with the Hawthorn wall hanging I’d seen in a shop window, but the shop was closed during the whole of our stay. Until … on our way to the airport to go home, the shop door was wide open – it was meant to be mine! I loved it then, and I love it now, I hope you do too. It looks just lovely on the wall in Hawthorn.Jen
What to bring with you
- Pillows and duvet or sleeping bags
- A good torch
- Personal items and toiletries, including insect repellent
- If you are bringing a dog please bring a bed for him/her to sleep on, and a good stake-out lead
Hawthorn Cabin costs £75 per night, with a two night minimum stay and three nights on Bank Holiday weekends.
Logs for the campfire are to be bought on site – £7 per crate. Firelighters, kindling and charcoal for the barbecue are available at the campsite shop.
Please contact Jen on 01473 736201 or email email@example.com for further information and availability.
We look forward to welcoming you to Hawthorn!
Newbourne Woodland Campsite, Jackson Road, Newbourne, Woodbridge IP12 4NR