Escape to the woods!Newbourne Woodland Campsite
Cherry Tree Cabin
Cherry Tree Cabin is our Cabin in the Woods for two – a small, beautifully furnished log cabin situated at the edge of the wood, with lovely views over the adjoining water meadow. Comfy beds with Hypnos mattresses, a couple of easy chairs and plenty of storage and hanging space make it a cosy glamping experience in a superb position. There is a small electric fire for chilly evenings, but no electric points for other use. Lighting is by candles and solar lights.
Enjoy the views from the veranda with the table and chairs and wooden sit-out chairs. There is a handy outdoor kitchen with gas rings and storage cupboards, saucepans, crockery and cutlery.
Sit out in the evening and enjoy the stars by your very own fire pit. Light the candles, fire-up the barbecue and you have the perfect romantic hideaway.
The water meadow hosts all sorts of birds and wildlife – patience and a good pair of binoculars will be rewarded! Deer are often seen in the meadow and it is a good hunting ground for birds of prey.
You are welcome to bring a dog with you, but please bring a bed and a tie-out or lead. There are lots of walks in the area, as well as dog-friendly pubs – The Fox in the village nearby being one of them!
The five star toilet and shower block is just a few steps away along with the outside washing up sinks, and there is a fridge and freezer nearby in the Elephant Shed. Cherry Tree Cabin provides the outdoor life but not quite camping!
What is provided
- Two single beds with Hypnos sprung mattresses, including mattress covers, bottom sheet and mosquito net if required
- A couple of blankets for chilly evenings and cosy nights
- Candle lights and solar lights
- Barbecue and fire pit – logs and charcoal for sale on site
- Outdoor kitchen with 2 gas rings, kettle, frying pan and saucepans. Cutlery and tin/bottle opener, melamine crockery and glasses
- Hangers and cupboard space in the almirah
- Easy chairs, garden chairs, small table and chairs
- Small electric heater but no electric sockets or lighting
- Fridge and freezer in the Elephant Shed
“We ran a charity called Jacobs Hospice Homes in India for a number of years. When we were there our home was a small rented house with very basic facilities – a two ring gas burner, a ‘bucket and chuck it’ shower and so on. My pride and joy in that simple little house was an almirah which contained all our precious bits and pieces, so of course it had to come home with us when we left. It now sits in the corner of Cherry Tree Cabin, housing different bits and pieces these days, but still just as useful!Jen
What to bring with you
- Pillows and duvet or sleeping bags
- A good torch
- Personal items and toiletries including insect repellent
- If you are bringing a dog please bring a bed or something for him/her to sleep on
Cherry Tree Cabin costs £55 per night, with a two night minimum stay and three nights on Bank Holiday weekends.
Logs for the campfire are to be bought on site – £5 per crate. Firelighters, kindling and charcoal for the barbecue are available at the campsite shop.
Please contact Jen on 01473 736201 or email email@example.com for further information and availability.
We look forward to welcoming you to Cherry Tree Cabin!
Newbourne Woodland Campsite, Jackson Road, Newbourne, Woodbridge IP12 4NR